Who you are
We are looking for a kind-hearted bicycle technician with a passion for cycling in all forms. You’ll be working with our master mechanic and our service team. We want to train you to one day lead a service team of your own. We hope you are approachable, self-motivated, positive, team-focused, and willing to pitch in on our various ongoing projects. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and we hope you find joy in helping others. We want everyone to feel like they are welcome, regardless of their knowledge or understanding of how bikes work.
Who we are
Tommy’s Bicycle Shop has been a part of McMinnville, Oregon, since 1949. We are growing and we want to bring in enthusiastic team members to join us in our mission. We are hiring at all levels, from technicians to sales associates to those who wish to become leaders within our businesses. We look forward to chatting with you more about the opportunities.
About the job
- Repair intake: look over a customer's bike and educate them on what would best fit their use case and/or budget. Since we’re the only shop in the area, we see them all, from entry-level bikes to top-end bikes.
- You will service and repair bicycles for our customers, including the upkeep of our expanding rental bike fleet, in our new space with a private shop area.
- You can anticipate high repair volume.
- We are open on Tuesdays-Sundays, so we work on weekends and some holidays.
- Bike shop experience is vital.
- Huge plus if you have experience with basic suspension service, electronic drivetrains, working with hydraulic brakes, wheel building, and other detail-oriented skills.
- Ideally, you’re comfortable with a customer point-of-sale system for checking in repairs. We use Lightspeed, but we can train you if you have other experience.
Compensation and benefits
- $18+, depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with 36hr a week commitment
- We commit to flexible hours with a family-first mindset and a work-life balance.
- Employee discounts on all products
- Partner retail discounts
Send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]